The promoter of this competition is Mercedes-Benz South Africa (Pty) Ltd, (hereafter referred to as ‘MBSA’), acting through 24.com (hereafter referred to as ‘24.com’). Hereafter, both parties are referred to collectively as ‘the Organisers’.
The following terms and conditions apply to the competition for the “Beautiful News Car Give-away” competition, which the participant undertakes and agrees to be bound by:
- Customers can enter multiple times over the duration of the competition, but a maximum of one entry per day is permitted. Only one entry will be chosen in the final random draw.
- To be eligible for the prize, entrants must have a valid South African or international driver’s licence, must be over the age of 18, must have a valid form of identification (South African ID or international passport), and must be resident in South Africa for a period of at least one (1) year.
- The following persons are excluded from this competition:
- If you have won a 24.com or MBSA competition within the last 30 calendar days, you may not participate in this competition.
- All entries must be made from one of the Organisers’ Platforms. The "Platforms" refer to our websites, mobile sites, mobile apps or social media platforms where this competition is displayed or advertised. By clicking on the competition link on our Platforms, participants will be directed to the competition page where they will have to create a login account, and provide us with the information stated below in clause 9. After creating a login account, participants will be required to answer a series of questions each time they enter. After completing the required questions, the participant must click on ‘Submit Competition Entry’. Each submission counts as one entry.
- In order for an entry to be considered valid and complete, each participant must confirm his/her email address when prompted to do so. If you do not confirm your email address or if any of the information submitted is incomplete, incorrect or otherwise invalid, your entry will not be considered.
- Participants may only create one login account. If a winner is selected, and it is subsequently found that they have created more than one login account, they will be disqualified from winning.
- In respect of each participant, the following complete, valid, true and correct information must be submitted:
- full name and surname;
- e-mail address;
- cellphone number;
- Postal code
- ID number (or acknowledge that they are non-SA residents who are resident in South Africa for at least one (1) year).
- All entries, duly completed, must be received by the Organisers before the competition closing date and time. If not, such entry will not be eligible, regardless of the reason for the late receipt of the entry, including due to lost, late or misdirected mail; printing errors; server unavailability; or computer or any other electronic or telecommunications malfunction. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility will be assumed by the Organisers for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- The prize winner will be selected randomly from valid participants.
- One online winner will be randomly drawn between 1 and 17 May 2017 from the total database of entries to the competition. The winner will be contacted directly, by means of the contact details provided to us, between 1 and 17 May 2017. The Organisers will contact the winner at least 3 (three) times via telephone and/or email, however, should the Organisers not be able to reach the winner or should the winner not accept the prize within 5 working days, a new winner will be drawn. The names of the winners will be announced on the Platforms by 17 May 2017.
- You are hereby informed of your right to decline:
- the use of your image only in marketing material;
- an invitation to participate in any marketing activity;
- an invitation to be present when the draw is taking place or the winner is announced.
- The Organisers further reserve the right to terminate this competition immediately and without notice in the event that the competition is found to be or is deemed unlawful. Should the Organisers be required by any legislation, to alter any aspect of this competition or to terminate the competition as a result of changes in legislation, the Organisers shall have the right to terminate this competition with immediate effect and without notice of termination. Should the events in this clause 15 occur, all participants hereby waive any rights which they may have against the Organisers and acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against the Organisers, its agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
- The participant acknowledges that all intellectual property rights (including the rights in designs) subsisting (or which may in the future subsist) in the print design shall automatically, on creation, vest in the absolute control of the Organisers.
- The winner indemnifies the Organisers, their affiliates, respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all claims, liability, loss, or damage, including any third party claims, arising from or relating to, in whole or in part, this competition or the possession, use, misuse of, or inability to use the prize.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa.
- By entering this Competition, the participant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material accompanying the terms and conditions.
- All information relating to this competition, which may be published on any promotional material via media is covered by these terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict between the content of such promotional material and these terms and conditions, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
- Unless an alternative arrangements with the winner is made, the prize will be handed over at a location of the Organisers' choosing.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
- The Organisers reserve the right to cancel this competition, or to change the rules at our discretion or to change the prize ( with another prize of similar commercial value ) at any time without notice to you and shall be absolved from any liability whatsoever which may arise subsequent to such cancellation, termination or alteration.
- Proof of identity will be required to collect the prize and the Organisers reserve the right to refuse payment or handing over of a prize to any potential winner who refuses to, or cannot, provide sufficient documentation to verify his/her identity and/or residency status where required.
- The participant agrees to abide by the decision of the judges, which decision is final on all matters pertaining to this competition.
- Income and other taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- You may not be awarded a prize if it is unlawful for us to supply such a prize to you.
- No "automated" entries will be allowed and all entries must be made by a natural person manually on our Platforms where the competition is displayed.
- If any entry has been made in any manner which in the Organizers’ discretion may provide an entrant with an unfair advantage over other entrants, unless these rules specifically allow such conduct, such entrant will be automatically disqualified from this and all future competitions run by the Organisers.
- It is agreed that the Organisers shall not be responsible for any fuel and road-toll/E-toll fees, tyres or any repairs from date of delivery of the prize.
- It is agreed between Organisers and the winner that the Organisershall not provide insurance cover on the vehicle that is the winner's responsibility.
The winner will be awarded a Mercedes Benz